Wednesday, March 12, 2008

International Pastel Visits

My research skills are so crunchy. Chalk that up to the fact that I went to college before the PC era. I say this to illustrate how difficult it is to locate and identify international pastelists.

Here are the pathways I have beaten so far. Blogger search. Google searches, including the queries "Norway Pastels", both in English and separately in Norwegian (etc.). Art aggregator sites that are Euro-centric. Reviews of blog rolls. Foreign Pastel Societies.


Recently, I looked in on Wet Canvas, and viola! There are some users there, complete with little flags for nationality. I suppose I joined WC a couple of years ago, when it was a lot smaller. They sure have grown in that time!


Now, it pleases me to bring you Merethe Torbergsen of Norway. Visit Merethe's Creative Corner for some yummy still lifes and portraiture.


And, to backtrack a little, I wish to point out Emma-Jane Rosenberg. Do take the trouble to explore this English artist's landscapes, which show an advanced level of draftsmanship, and a deft use of color. I really like them. Not to be pigeon-holed, this fine artist is adept at portraiture and the still life, too.

No comments: