Monday, December 15, 2008

What If?




Ponte Vecchio in the Snow
4.5" x 4.75"
Original Pastel
Casey Klahn


What if you could toss it all in, and get "a life instead of a career?" Would you pull up stakes and move to Tuscan Italy - the most beautiful (civilized) place in the world? Eat hard breads dipped in olive oil, and sip table wine with no sulfates? Explore every art medium that caught your fancy, from pastels to oil; watercolors to etching?


Welcome Wreath
4.5" x 4.75"
Original Pastel
Casey Klahn

Our delightful friend, Robyn Sinclair, is an ex-pat from Australia who explores works on paper, and also oils, in the womb of art's birth, Northern Italy. Her blog is called, "Have Dogs, Will Travel". Go see her latest exploration, which is Etching & Aquatint, called Bird Woman of Venice. Her first (she claims) attempt at this time-honored medium turns out to be a keeper, and the bonus for you is that she details the whole process of copper-plate etching, complete with the application of lamp black.

1 comment:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Casey - I started reading and I thought, wow, what a great life and then I realised it is me! I am so honoured by this post. Thank you.

Now I have to try to live up to it. And that probably means breaking out those pastels I bought a year ago in the hope of making marks of pure, gorgeous pigment like you. Thank you!