It may seem a little antithetical to create an outline for being "free and loose" in pastel drawings. Har, har! But, since yesterdays posts were well received, I felt some outlining of this project may be appreciated. Certainly, since I have so many projects running at the same time, here, and since I haven't set a strict period of time for this WK Project, it may be useful to provide an outline for this project.
Also, there may be one or two of you who will be wanting to follow along with your own drawings. If you want to post them, and if you let me know that you have, I will be happy to link to them.
Wolf Kahn Project Outline
- The actual mirroring of a Wolf Kahn drawing is not an intention, but the intention will be to free-up my own drawing style compared to now. Also my pastel painting style may loosen up, too.
- Personally, I wish to take more subject matter from nature during this project.
- New School Color will be a part of this process. Another way to put this is that color will be a key compositional element, if not the controlling element, in these drawings.
- I want to employ more of my abstract techniques at the same time, which are scrubbing, erasing, and rubbing.
- I want at least one drawing that I will frame and keep for myself.